We repeatedly come across small / medium / large-sized IT programmes that present uncertainty and anxiety for staff so, engaging staff from the initiation of a change project always guarantees stakeholder buy-in and engagement.
- It is useful that Stakeholders are made aware of what the key drivers for the change are, and they very often are to:
- Improve customer experience
- Remove frustrations experienced by staff such as re-keying information between systems or unplanned down-time
- Provide robust and ‘joined-up’ systems, data and business processes that support the current and future organisation
- Provide staff and leaders with the capabilities to spend more time helping the people/customers they support and less on ‘workarounds
It is fair to conclude that IT programmes are the integration of technology, business processes, data and new ways of working. Ultimately this will mean the review of all systems, information and business processes that surround them and potentially upgrading and replacing a large number.