What needs to be in place for successful business transformation?
From our work with many organisations, the wider public sector and private sector, we have a clear understanding of what needs to be prioritised in order to address the key transformation risks and issues that quite commonly exist.
- Vision & Leadership: Establish a guiding coalition of senior managers committed to the change and to break down existing organisational silos.
- Governance: The governing board must have the correct members and be sufficiently empowered to enable rapid decision-making.
- Stakeholder Engagement: A clear stakeholder management and communications strategy will increase level of buy-in.
- Pace of change: Enlist hi-level business, process and regional sponsors and communicate project successes extensively and repeatedly.
- Clear goals and priorities: Clearly defined plans with milestones and tangible recognition events when benefits will be realised.
- Resolve Performance issues: Document pre-existing performance levels and develop metrics/milestones to measure and sustain progress.
- Bridge Competency Gaps: Strategic use of external support as a short-term measure to fill gaps, transfer skills and knowledge to up skill existing staff.
- Raise Capability and Capacity Levels: Identify and quantify resource requirements early and gain commitment form leadership to resource the rights skills and competence.