The principles outlined provide the foundations for shaping the future architecture landscape for business transformation activities. They should also provide the basis for design authority related discussions during the design phase of strategic projects.
- Keep it simple – Design the simplest solution to meet the most immediate goals or requirements. Redesign the solution only when needed. i.e. for ease of use / standardising the look-and-feel
- Employ patterns, frameworks and re-use – Generic frameworks or design patterns should be favoured and re-used i.e. best practice approach to design, build, testing and deployment
- Think integration – Solutions should be designed and developed with integration and interoperability in mind.
- Business-led solution design – The business needs and priorities will be the main driver for enterprise architecture development. Match system performance to business requirements
- Employ data-sharing principles – Solutions should be constructed so that they increase and facilitate the sharing of data (One source of truth)
- Support scalability and repeatability – Solutions should have the ability to adapt and grow in line with changing business and technology requirements
#enterprisearchitecture #businessgrowth #integrationstrategy