Upon embracing and, applying all of the characteristics for a long-term Service Provider relationship organisations can then reap the following benefits:
- A single set of shared objectives and parameters for planning and decision-making.
- A single point of accountability in relation to the service.
- Simplified processes through which a service request is received, prioritised, planned and delivered.
- Commissioning work from the supply chain through a single supplier relationship, aligned to the organisation’s objectives and managing performance accordingly.
- Learning from practical delivery so as to evolve the strategy and inform future detailed planning activities.
- In the future, the ability to exploit the effectiveness of the relationship and the services to the mutual benefit of Organisation and the Service Provider.